Sunday, March 13, 2011

Brave New Workshop.

I might have to change the name of this blog to something more all-encompassing, so that I can talk about plays, and other sorts of shows I check out.

Tonight I went to a trivia event with a few friends out at The Brave New Workshop (Or Facebook). If you've never heard of them you're probably thinking "Okay, why do I care?" And if you know what they are you're possibly thinking, "Wait, trivia, there?" Well let me explain a few things.

The Brave New Workshop is a improv sketch comedy club (Think Whose Line, only with people you could actually meet) and they have started doing a trivia night called The Sunday Sunday Sunday Show, and let me tell you, I've never had more fun being reminded how bad I am at knowing stuff.

I was trying to figure out a way to explain to you the things that went on tonight but there aren't really words, one moment the audience is laughing at one actor's pain, while the night another actor is crawling over desks to smell someones hair.

We had two Irish men explain why they liked certain cars.

We had a husband and wife try to get their son to "hook them up" with some illegal substances.

We had two very scared audience members be accosted on stage while two actors performed a scene around them.

Throw in some trivia, two very eccentric, wonderful hosts.

And a dash of a spunky tech guy.

I had a blast. I was there for only an hour (I showed up late) and I haven't laughed that hard in a while. If it's a Sunday night, and you've no place to go, check 'em out.

Later,
Skot/Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment